Water & Environmental
Water is an essential resource, not only for the general population but also for industries who are reliant on clean water supply. Unfortunately, a lot of human and industrial activities cause water pollution and degradation. Water, wastewater and effluents that are directly or indirectly released to the environment without proper treatment amplifies water pollution problems and this is damaging to the natural ecosystem.
That is why government bodies have very strict regulations concerning water quality and treatment. And businesses that fail to comply with these regulations may face repercussions from the authority and also backlash from the community at large. Businesses no doubt will have your own set of standard operating procedures to adhere to, and conduct periodical water, wastewater and effluent testings among others to maintain compliance, but it is important to make sure that these testings are reliable, efficient and provide high-quality results.
With water contamination issue becoming more and more serious, your challenges have never been greater, whether in analysing contaminants in wastewater or purity of drinking water, testing of effluents, measuring indoor air quality, responding to natural or man-made disasters or identifying emerging contaminants.
Speed. Accuracy. Productivity.
Chemlab offers over 40 years of environmental analysis and regulatory expertise. Familiar with local and international legislations, we are able to provide expert analysis and measurement of organic and inorganic chemicals in water, soil, industrial effluents or air with our state-of-the-art testing facilities.
Water Quality & Effluent Testing
- Chemical Characteristics – e.g. dissolved oxygen, acidity (pH), salinity, nutrients and other contaminants, BOD, COD, Fluoride, Phenol, Oil & Grease, TSS, TDS
- Radioactive test
- Physical Characteristics – e.g. temperature, colour, sediment, effluent suspended in the water.
- Heavy metal - e.g: Mercury, Lead, Cadmium, Chromium, Cyanide, Arsenic, Copper, Manganese, Tin, Zinc, Boron, Aluminium, Selenium, Barium, Zinc, Nickel and etc.
- Pesticides & Organic testing - e.g. SVOC, VOC
- Biological Characteristics – e.g. TPC, Yeast & Mould, E.Coli, Coliform, Salmonella, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Staphylococcus Aureus, Vibrio Cholerae, Legionella
Method: APHA, USEPA, In-house method
Compliance: Malaysian Food Act, Department of Environmental, WHO
Source: Drinking water, portable water, Filtered Water,Ground water, industrial effluent, river, boiler, cooling tower water, sewage water, well water, Marine water, RO & DI water, mineral water, swimming pool water, residential water, rain water, ice cube, reservoir, Offshore produced water, wastewater
Sampling: On site field sampling service
Soil, Sediment & Solid waste
- Marine sediment
- Hazardous waste characterization (TCLP / TTLC)
- Agricultural soil
- Soil gas
- Industrial Waste Water Characterization Study (IECS)
- Schedule waste analysis
- Stack / chimney Emission
- Ambient air monitoring
- Indoor air quality
- Odour investigation
- Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Testing: O2, CO, CO2, CH4, H2S, NOX N2O, SOX, HCI, HBr, HI, HF, halogen, heavy metal, particulate matter, dust